Plastic can be fantastic when you follow these safety tips.
We’re living the debit and credit card era where "plastic money" is popular and the majority of shops, restaurants, hotels, etc. accept this type of payment. Most of us have at least one card. But with great convenience comes greater security concerns because of criminals and frauds.
With the following security tips from Credit Libanais, you can get the most out of your debit and credit cards while reducing the risks:
- Make sure you get SMS alerts for all your debit and credit card transactions sent straight to your personal mobile.
- Always keep your debit or credit card in view, even at restaurants. Never leave it unattended.
- Only swipe your debit or credit card on a point of sale (POS). Do not accept to swipe it on any other device (like a cash register or portable device).
- Never give your debit or credit card number or PIN to anyone. We, at Credit Libanais, will never ask you for them.
- When you shop online, only use secured sites that clearly state "Verified by Visa" or "MasterCard Secure Code"-
- Immediately contact the Customer Service Centre whenever you encounter any suspicious activity. Call 1518 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whenever you enter your PIN on an ATM, hide the keypad with your hand to make it difficult for people to see which numbers you are keying.